Salary: $14.00 to $22.00 /hour
SkySilk Cloud Servicesis a cloud computing services provider. We are a small, yet quick growing team of tech-heads working on building a product to help developers, students, businesses, and more work more efficiently on the internet through the use of virtual servers. This is an exciting time in our company and an opportunity to join our team on the ground floor.
We are looking for experienced technical customer service reps with a background in Linux, shell scripting, computer science, computer programming, app development, and other applicable fields.
Those hired will have the opportunity to network throughout all levels of SkySilk’s organization, vendors, and clients which will facilitate the ability to form contacts and gain insights on future opportunities.
If you are interested, please respond with a cover letter and resume. If considered for a position, all applicants will be required to provide at least three references.
***IMPORTANT: ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING ASSESSMENT IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW***:
~Only applicants in Southern California available for in-person interviews will be considered.~
Responsibilities and Duties
- Offering real-time chat support daily. Topics include general Unix, cloud computing, VPS navigation, and Linux Troubleshooting among others.
- Responding to user email/portal support tickets in a timely manner based on our SLA
- Forwarding bugs/issues to the appropriate department
- Maintaining FAQs based on user feedback and requests
- Creating support and how-to based tutorials for FAQ support portal
- Engaging users directly in our public Discord channel
- Brainstorm customer service improvements
- Other ad hoc tasks as they arise
Familiarity or experience with cloud computing, IoT, Big Data, etc. is a plus. Support will be offered by email and live chat. Please only apply if you have direct experience with computers or technology…THIS IS NOT A GENERIC CALL CENTER JOB!
Qualifications and Skills
Cloud Support Representative Prerequisites:
- Direct experience with Linux environments and/or shell scripting
- Direct experience with technology, technical support, and/or ability to prove research skills and technical subject proficiency
- 2 Years of Online Customer Service/Technical Support Experience
- Bachelors/College degree preferred
- Southern California Resident
- Strong typing, written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Exceptional research and pedagogical skills
- A clear passion for technology and helping others troubleshoot technical issues
SkySilk Cloud Support Representative Benefits/Perks:
- Relaxed work environment – We embrace the startup culture and want to provide an experience our employees love. We look to hire down-to-earth, tech-savvy individuals of all backgrounds who (we think) are fun to sit down and have a beer with at the end of (or during) a long day.
- Health Coverage Benefits – All SkySilk employees are offered health coverage through Kaiser Permanente through a benefits package of their choosing.
- Competitive entry-level salary – Echoing what was said above, we want our employees to feel comfortable and appreciated. All entry-level support positions start at $14.00/hour and are negotiable based on prior experience and the outcome of any potential interview.
- Flexible weekly schedules – Our product is working 24/7/365, as such the conventional 9-5 schedule doesn’t quite fit this role. Some work better early in the morning, others later in the evening; chances are we will have a shift that works best with your workflow.
- Ability to self-manage and work remote.
- Fully stocked break room w/ snacks & drinks of choice – Our modest break room is always packed full of energy-based snacks as well as unlimited coffee, juices, energy drinks, and waters.
- Free catered Friday lunches – Every Friday we get to enjoy catered lunches from local businesses, with a menu that changes weekly.
- All-inclusive reimbursement for business-related trips/events – All travel, food, and lodging expenses for any SkySilk related expenditures are fully covered.
- Company Events & Retreats – Every once and a while we like to let loose, have fun, and celebrate the great work we do together. Throughout the year we have fun events and meetups that in the past have included trips to Las Vegas, Company Picnics/Gambling Nights, and other fun events.
- Fully Paid Holidays –Yay holiday pay!
- Ten fully paid vacation days per year – PTO is extended to all SkySilk employees after one year of employment.
- Free use of all SkySilk Services, Tools, and Platform (cloud storage, file management, website hosting, application hosting, etc.) –Take advantage of our premium cloud hosting tools to build and host your very own applications and projects!