Los Angeles, CA 91311
Salary: $75,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
SkySilk Cloud Services is an up-and-coming cloud computing services provider. We are a small, yet quickly growing team of tech-heads working on building a product to help developers, students, businesses, and more work more efficiently on the internet through the use of virtual servers. This is an exciting time in our company and an opportunity to join our team on the ground floor.
We are looking for a creative and analytic Senior Linux Engineer who will be responsible to develop Linux solutions and develop actionable plans to execute our go forward strategy to promote standardization and simplification.
The individual hired will have the opportunity to work with our team of qualified network engineers and administrators on various projects & initiatives. This position is key to developing the engineering platform, automation, continuous integration, and developing the technology roadmap. The candidate would bring industry leading best practices and have professional verbal and written communication skills.
If you are interested, please respond with a cover letter and resume. If considered for a position, all applicants will be required to provide at least three references.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Look after the day to day operations of SkySilk’s various functional computer and storage clusters- Maintain RMM with changes and additions to the maintained infrastructure
· Perform various development activities for DevOps practices for the project, including continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous testing, and continuous monitoring.
· Respond to alerts by communicating issues to all stakeholders, solving or assisting in the resolution of problems, document actions taken, and integrating/deploying resolutions to all relevant systems
· Work in lockstep with the software development team to make sure that hypervisor back end operation and front-end functionality are in harmony. Identify problems/inefficiencies and work with the architecture team to formulate and deploy solutions.
· Research and be in continuous communication with external software development teams to correct and improve various aspects of the SkySilk infrastructure stack.
· 3+ years of Linux system administration experience
· 3+ years of experience in working Linux shell, Python, and/or Perl. Experience with Java, Ruby, or Go is strongly desired.
· 3+ years of experience administering network security. Working knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention, and routing (layer2,3, and 7) is required. Experience with SDN is desired.
· Experience with Docker/Kubernetes Infrastructure is a strong plus.
· 1+ years of experience with designing and integrating automated testing in continuous delivery workflows
· BS degree in CS, Computer Engineering, or EE with completion of coursework in operating systems and software engineering for CS and EE graduates. Will consider experience in lieu of formal education.
· Spoken/written English with a high technical proficiency.
· Exceptional communications skills. Communication and documentation are key to success.
· Strong background in Linux, and Oss.
· Proficiency in x86 technology and High Availability Techniques
· Comprehensive understanding of multiple hypervisors/virtual technology, and RMM (remote management and monitoring).
· Extensive skill in cyber security.
· Adept skills in automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
Ask us about our benefits package!