Salary: $14.00 /hour
SkySilk Cloud Servicesis a cloud services provider currently beta testing our custom cloud platform in preparation to go live. We are a small, but growing team of tech-heads working on building a product to help developers, students, businesses, and more. This is an exciting time in our company and an opportunity to join our team on the ground floor.
We are looking for motivated, young professionals with a strong sense of business strategy, passion for technology, and a strong understanding of SEO, Social Media, and Content Creation best-practices for the role of Technical Business Operations Associate. The Technical Business Operations Associate reports to the Project Manager.
Those hired will have the opportunity to network throughout all levels of SkySilk’s organization, vendors, and clients which will facilitate the ability to form contacts and gain insights on future opportunities.
If you are interested, please respond with a cover letter and resume. If considered for a position, all applicants will be required to provide at least three references.
~Only applicants in Southern California available for in-person interviews will be considered.~
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting the Project Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, and Dev teams with ad-hoc Tasks
- SEO-based Content Creation (Landing pages, blog articles, forum posts, support tutorials, YouTube videos, social media posts, etc.)
- Hootsuite/Social Media campaign management
- Quality Assurance & Testing
- Financial, Marketing, and Data Analytics
- Brainstorming for new content, features, products, and ideas
Qualifications and Skills
- Basic-to-advanced understanding of cloud computing
- Familiarity with current Social Media and SEO content creation best-practices
- Familiarity with Linux, mySQL, programming/coding, and/or cloud-server environments
- Be at least a Junior majoring in an equivalent degree field (CompSci, Marketing, Statistical, Finance, Business, etc.). Exceptionally talented individuals that are not in a specific major will also be considered and are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrate a strong passion for and understanding of technology
- Be a self-starter and have demonstrated leadership experience
- Ability and willingness to wear many different hats
- Outstanding research, learning, and data management skills
- Possess people and teaming skills
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills
- Graphic/Design Experience a huge plus but not required
SkySilk Cloud Services Team Member Benefits/Perks:
- Relaxed work environment – We embrace the startup culture and want to provide an experience our employees love. We look to hire down-to-earth, tech-savvy individuals of all backgrounds who (we think) are fun to sit down and have a beer with at the end of (or during) a long day.
- Health Coverage Benefits – All SkySilk employees are offered optional health coverage through Kaiser Permanente via a benefits package of their choosing.
- Competitive salary – Echoing what was said above, we want our employees to feel comfortable and appreciated. All Digital Marketing Strategist positions start at $18.00/hour and are negotiable based on prior experience and the outcome of any potential interview.
- Room to Grow – We are a team looking to grow fast and want to find others who want to grow with us.
- Flexible weekly schedules, self-manage and work remote – Our product is working 24/7/365, as such the conventional 9-5 schedule doesn’t quite fit this role. Some people work better early in the morning, others later in the evening; chances are we will have a shift that works best with your workflow.
- Fully stocked break room w/ snacks & drinks of choice – Our modest break room is always packed full of energy-based snacks as well as unlimited coffee, juices, energy drinks, and waters.
- Free catered Friday lunches – Every Friday we get to enjoy catered lunches from local businesses, with a menu that changes weekly.
- All-inclusive reimbursement for business-related trips/events – All travel, food, and lodging expenses for any SkySilk related expenditures are fully covered.
- Company Events & Retreats – Every once and a while we like to let loose, have fun, and celebrate the great work we do together. Throughout the year we have fun events and meetups that in the past have included trips to Las Vegas, Company Picnics/Gambling Nights, and other fun events.
- Fully Paid Holidays – Yay holiday pay!
- Ten fully paid vacation days per year – PTO is extended to all SkySilk employees after one year of employment.
- Free use of all SkySilk Services, Tools, and Platform (cloud storage, file management, website hosting, application hosting, etc.) – Take advantage of our premium cloud hosting tools to build and host your very own applications and projects!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour